Studio Description, Procedures and Guidelines
Bend Hot Yoga offers a variety of classes, at varying temperatures. Classes offered include: Original Hot Yoga, Hot Hatha Flow, 26 & Tunes, Inferno Hot Pilates, Yoga Fusion, Vinyasa Flow, Vinyasa Power, Yin, Kundalini, Sound Bath, Yoga Nidra, Nia, and more to come. Bend Hot Yoga was originally opened as a Bikram Studio, but has evolved to offer Original Hot Yoga and much more.
We are conveniently located in the midtown area of Bend, easily accessible from all directions.
Bend Hot Yoga strives to provide a welcoming and safe space for all people. Conduct deemed inappropriate will not be tolerated and may result in disciplinary action up to and including revocation of access to the Studio by any person.
- Our Studio has two rooms for practice: 1) The Radiant Room and 2) Studio 2. We have full restrooms for men and women, with each restroom also providing two showers. Lockers with keys are available, water fountain/bottle filling station, retail items for purchase in studio and great views of the mountains from our lobby.
- The Radiant Room:
- Approximately 1,100 sq/ft.
- The Radiant Room is outfitted with 18 Infrared Radiant heaters allowing us a full temperature range up to 106*F. If you have never practiced in a studio with radiant heat, you are in for a treat. Still hot, your muscles will enjoy the warmth and you will still sweat, but you won’t have to deal with the feeling of a blast furnace blowing in your face. It’s amazing, at all temperatures.
- The floor is LONWOOD PERFORMA and features an anti-fatigue, cushioned-step, closed-cell foam-backing that is designed specifically for high-traffic and high-impact aerobic and fitness activities. A wood-grain sheet, it is ergonomically designed, sound-absorbing and helps prevent injuries. Ideal for yoga (including hot yoga) applications. It is extremely easy to clean and disinfect after each class. Using a padded yoga mat on our floor is highly recommended. A mat towel is also highly recommended for any hot classes.
- Therapeutic relief – Our heaters produce radiant heat waves which work to heat up our body, and because the human body is made up of mostly water, this infrared heat transfers effectively and can help gently increase blood circulation, rid the body of toxins and even provide pain relief.
- Infrared Radiant Heaters are silent and do not blow dust or allergens like traditional HVAC systems.
- Studio 2
- Approximately 700 sq/ft.
- New faux wood multiuse floor. Easy to clean and disinfect after each class. A yoga mat is highly recommended.
- Traditional HVAC heating. Classes will range from room temp to 85*.
- The Radiant Room:
At a minimum, we will be following guidelines set forth by the state of Oregon regarding COVID. In some areas we will go above and beyond these guidelines. Our goal is to protect our teachers, students and staff from COVID to the best of our ability. We must all work together, please be aware of the people and spaces around you. Lastly, we will do our best to provide a safe environment, but nothing can be guaranteed. If you are not comfortable taking personal responsibility for any outcomes of practicing in-studio, please consider our live virtual or VOD options.
Registering for a studio class:
- Pre-registration through Wellness Living is REQUIRED for ALL classes – both in-studio and virtual. You can access Wellness Living via web browser on a computer, tablet or phone. Wellness Living also provides an app for both Apple and Android products.
- We will provide a live stream for most of the in-studio classes. When registering for a class on Wellness Living you will choose to register for the virtual or the in-studio class – choose correctly! We plan to offer live streaming and video on-demand (VOD) into the foreseeable future, so there will always be multiple options for you to practice.
- Any questions, account maintenance or business related communication should be conducted via email at this time. This will allow us to serve you more quickly while maintaining a record. Do not use social media or text/call individual teachers or staff for account or business issues. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will automatically be put on the waitlist in order of registration in the event the in-studio class is at capacity. If a space becomes available you will be automatically registered for the class and notified by email up until 2 hours prior to class. Within 2 hours of class, if we have space we will contact you via email first to check if you can still make it.
- Cancellation Policy – If you are unable to attend class, you must cancel at least 2 hours prior to the start of class to avoid a penalty. A Late Cancel or a No-Show results in loss of a Drop-In or Class Pack session and/or a $20 fee.
- No-shows will be charged $5.
- If you are not well, do not come to the studio. Use our virtual class options instead.
- You must have a valid email address and valid credit card on file to buy purchase options or retail products. We do accept cash at the studio.
Arriving at the studio:
- The front door will open 30 minutes before class starts.
- The door will be locked 5 minutes prior to class, late arrivals will not be able to enter the studio.
- Please be on your mat ready to practice 5 minutes prior to class. This allows everyone, including your teachers, to settle in before class.
- We have a variety of Manduka Demo mats available for $5, as well as for purchase at various prices.
- At this time we are not offering towel rental services, but may add this in the future.
- Water – we have a fountain and filling station with filtered water available.
Extra notes to keep in mind:
- Bring a yoga mat for under your towel to prevent slipping on the flooring. (The floors are not carpet)
- If you have allergies that are not under control please do not practice in the studio.
- Observe all posted signs and protocols at all times. Failure to do so is cause for immediate dismissal from the studio.
- Guidelines will be monitored and updated as necessary.
- We are taking appropriate steps to clean and sanitize between each class.
- We understand that each class can bring a unique experience to each student. Take your time acclimating to the heat as needed. If at any point it is overwhelming, adjust your intensity. You have the ability to control this and to dial up or down as you are able. Know that, as always, we understand if you need to take a break or do less. Resting when the system is overworked is necessary and we trust you know what is best for you!